The B2B portal speeds up communication with partners and enables a more efficient allocation of company human resources. Let’s discuss provided opportunities for a wholesale business and why more and more companies are moving their business processes online.
What is a B2B Portal
This eCommerce solution is a wholesale online shop for the wholesale companies to work with partners, which provides CMS (Content Management System) and a set of required features. Since such a solution is often a set of modules, functionality depends on the customer’s requirements. During the project development phase, the B2B portal development company integrates the set of modules relevant to the specific business model.
What To Consider Applying for B2B Portal Development Services
The B2B portal development services imply a discovery phase. Over this period, the B2B portal development company, jointly with a client, analyzes the client needs, the development purpose, and the solution users. In addition, it defines the functionality of the B2B portal within this phase. It is important at this stage to consider all the features required to automate business processes and grow the business.
Reach out to the professionals at AGORA, a global developer of e-commerce solutions for businesses, to determine the optimal set of features and develop the best one for your company. In this way, your company will significantly reduce the payback period for B2B portal development costs. AGORA’s experience analysis shows that the most common, effective, and relevant B2B portal functions are:
- Smart search, which provides the opportunity to find products not only by name or item number but also by characteristics or description.
- Personalization of prices and discounts. That is the ability to calculate partner prices by non-linear algorithms, considering many factors, as well as offer personalized discounts.
- Accounting software integration. It allows displaying current product balances and reserve goods online.
- Order processing and communication. This function allows automatic notifications for customers on all the changes in order status. There is no need to involve the supplier’s managers in this process.
- Electronic document interchange. It is possible to generate and exchange all the transaction documents within the b2b-portal, and use an electronic digital signature.
- Delivery. Integration with logistics companies’ platforms allows customers to calculate delivery time and cost while placing an order.
- Analytics. Generating reports within the system, analysis of user experience, data on the demand, sales, and more are available.
- Marketing. The portal for B2B provides a wide range of marketing tools.
You can start by creating a basic version of your B2B portal and develop it step by step. With b2b portal development company AGORA, you can quickly test various hypotheses and business models, determine and implement the best set of features for your optimum solution.