Industrial heating systems turn out to be a major requirement for industrial places. Be it a product manufacturing workshop or a large-scale industry; businesses are looking forward to equipping their workplaces with the best industrial heating systems to make them ready to bear the toughest winter days.
Industrial heating systems – A close insight
Industrial heating systems are made up of a thorough circuit consisting of heat efficiency and technologies, ensuring smooth flow of heating elements across the workplace. These systems come with heavy machinery and production processes as are supposed to be used for commercial purposes. Apart from determining the industrial production process, it helps to minimize the overall energy consumption, making it a smart choice for all SMEs.
What makes it even more progressive choice is the apt maintenance and repair done at the right time. As it encompasses thermal energy, one needs to hire a professional to deal with an industrial heating system’s functionality and features.
The maintenance of the commercial heating system –
If you own an industrial heating system, you must know the value of maintaining it. Thorough maintenance of the commercial heating system can ensure efficiency and reduced energy consumption. However, it may require some efforts from your end but the results are worthy enough to take this much pain. Talking about the maintenance, generally, a heating system has to be maintained or repaired on an annual basis. For this, you would be required to associate with the professional team offering relevant services.
Some of the common factors involved in the maintenance of a commercial heating system include –
- Detailed inspection of all the components of the heating system
- Thorough cleaning and drying to get rid of excessive sticky residue hindering the smooth working
- Necessary adjustments to ensure controls
- At last, a final safety check to streamline the working
Some of the most common issues found in the industrial heating system are –
- Excessive carbon monoxide builds up inside the furnace, restricting smooth working.
- Improper vented ductwork resulting in breakage and poor functioning
- Combustion chamber making heat exchange difficult and cause random problems
- Low or poor oxygen levels releasing from the heating system ensuring the minimal supply of fresh air and building up an unhealthy environment
Some common factors to consider when maintaining or repairing a heating system at factories –
When it comes to repairing and making the most out of a heating system installed at a factory or industrial area, it’s necessary to keep a watch on its working and cleanliness. If this much is done regularly, one needs not to spend dollars on the maintenance. If not more, keeping a check on the heating efficiency with a BTU calculator’s help would be enough.
You can seek professional advice on using a BTU calculator. Those who don’t know, BTU (British Thermal Unit) is an efficient way to keep a note of radiator power requirements. Common factors that affect the results of a BTU calculator are – types of window, dimensions of the room, and heating levels.
Things to keep in mind when going for heating system repair or replacement –
- The total cost of investment – Unarguably, the commercial heating systems cost a bit more than the residential heating systems. Plus, when it comes to repairing or replacing it, especially when in poor condition, the cost may go beyond your imagination.
Therefore, it is associated with a reliable professional who can assist you if you need to replace it. Also, get the heating efficiency checked using a BTU calculator, which may help you get accurate insights into the heating system’s functioning. This will help you avoid the overall cost of replacement while keeping your heating system in good working order.
2. Age – Before you hop on the heating system replacement, repair or maintenance cost, make sure you check the age of the system first. If it’s more than 10 to 15 years, there is no use of spending a hefty amount on it. A decade-old industrial heating system would require to change multiple spare parts while may not ensure as good as results. So, you can prefer to get a new machine installed rather than spending on it.
3. Consider utility rates as important – You can determine the overall cost of a furnace to your industry by calculating the bills’ average. Now, compare the utility cost with the existing or past bills to find out the total expenses. This is a preferred way to get the average amount spent on the bills.
What is the right time to replace the commercial heating unit?
When your furnace is getting older and demands a higher amount of energy and expenditure, you start to consider it as a liability thus prefer to replace it. With its rising amount of energy consumption, It is necessary to look upon the several factors that make an industrial heating unit worth using.
Choosing to shift to a new heating system at the right time can preserve natural resources while helping you abide by the Environmental Protection Agency’s rules and regulations. The agency’s Energy Star Program suggests replacing the heating unit within 15 years of installation.
The common reasons for the same includes –
- The present age’s furnace models achieve an AFUE rating of more than 97%. This results in massive energy saving in the new furnace.
- The system should be in compliance with the ratings and regulations of AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency), which increases the efficiency of the heating system by 65% at least.
Regardless of the heating system’s age, it is not easy to suddenly change the operating condition of the heating system. Therefore, prefer to associate with a professional service provider who can take you through a heating system’s insights at its best.
The bottom line is that-
Be it the appearance of robust functionality; the heating systems vary based on the requirements and types. For instance – a heating system for residential purposes carries smaller machines than for commercial areas. Talking about the commercial heating systems, it consumes higher energy than the residential ones. However, you can reduce or minimize energy consumption by maintaining it efficiently.